

Play Day: Who says staying at home isn't fun?!
Today has been a typical weekday here at the DeYoung household. Emma Grace was so kind to wake us up at 2:00 this morning. She was a wee bit hungry. I won't complain because she very rarely does this. She was up for the day at 9:30. She is so sweet to sleep late; she knows that mommy has to have her sleep.
We got up and ate breakfast, well Emma did at least. Colton came over at 10:30. I keep a friend's baby 2 or 3 days a week. The babies are only five days apart so it is a hoot to watch them in action. I think Em is the little instigator. I am not surprised!
We had a great time playing today. We played "grab bag"; the babies picked items out of a box. It is supposed to help their fine motor skills. Colton enjoyed grabbing the baby puffs and eating them! We rolled a ball back and forth to each other. Em is so good at this. We read a couple of books and of course sang songs. It is nice for Emma to have a playmate so I can do some things around the house.
I will leave you with a few cute pics. I am off to get a shower before the babies wake up from a nap. I know, it's 3:15 in the afternoon and no shower. Yuck!

Does Emma have some favorite books, which ones does she enjoy reading?
ReplyDeleteMy Aunt read to me all the time when I was a kid, it made me feel special and I have a lifelong love of reading because of her. I think its so important that adults read to the kids in their lives and I applaud you for beginning early with Emma.
By the way, if you haven't notices I almost always comment on people's blogs.