Saturday, August 29, 2009

Deals.... I think not!


We decided that today was "Family Day". I have been super excited about it all week; since Andrew usually works on our poor house. I will get back to that subject another time. So we get up thinking that we will hit some garage sales and a consignment sale that I have been dying to go to all week. Of course, the DeYoungs get out of the door by 11:30. I know, I know we should have been out of the house by like 7:00 to go to garage sales. Anyway, we drove and drove and finally found one to stop at. I was excited because it was in a ritzy neighborhood. I found a really cute headboard/foot board for our bed. I looked on the tag and it was marked $150!!! Ok, folks this thing was an antique impostor so I was going to offer $75. Well, they didn't go for that.

By this time Andrew is grouchy because he was famished. We made our way to Mallard's. A little "Mom and Pop" restaurant to get brunch. Naturally, they had stopped serving breakfast. Oh, what a day. Emma Grace was so good at the restaurant. I had taken a jar of baby food and she dined with us. For those of you who know me know that we make her baby food so I am always scared she won't eat the Gerber's. She was such a little stinker at lunch; she kept reaching out to grab anyone who walked by. She is going to be outgoing like her momma. Yay!

We finally made our way to the consignment sale and I have to say it was a bust. Andrew was so patient while shopping through the oodles of girls clothes. I ended up purchasing a pair of new Gymboree jeans ($6) and three pairs of pj's ($5). I love consignment sales and I love consigning Em's outgrown things. Moms helping moms!

Today was fun and I wish Andrew had more Saturdays with his girls!!! Next weekend Em and I are going to Indiana to visit my family. We aren't going alone my friend Laura is going with us. Hope you have a great rest of the weekend!



1 comment: